**To be considered please fill out the Application in the next step**
7:00 am - 7:00 pm, every other weekend; Full-time
The paramedic will deliver safe and effective care under the direct supervision of the Emergency Department RN, and in compliance with established policies, procedures, and standards of care, and is responsible for utilizing judgment based on knowledge acquired through didactic and clinical training in emergency care to meet the needs of the Emergency Department patient.
- Provides all aspect of Emergency Department based on established standards. Demonstrates competency in all procedure within scope of practice, as appropriate to the ages of the patients served; the ability to obtain and interpret information in terms of the patient's needs; a knowledge of growth and development; and an understanding of the range of treatment needed by these patients.
- Performs as a team member in assisting with safe and efficient patient care by: assisting in establishing priorities for treatment based on data collection and clinical presentation; utilizing clinical data to implement appropriate interventions; participating in the evaluation of the effectiveness of the plan of care on an ongoing basis; obtaining vital signs, per unit standard, and reports findings to RN/ED provider; collecting and labeling lab specimens; transporting patients to non
- ICU units, or assists with transportation to critical care areas- Documents treatment/care administered in the medical record in compliance with established policies and procedures making sure documentation is complete, concise and legible. Records radio communication with emergency vehicles.
- Assures availability of all emergency equipment. Responds to all emergency and disaster situations, in a calm manner. Responds to Code Blue in the hospital, and assists the RN in patient care.
- Responsible for organizing the inventory needed for patient records. Replenishes necessary forms needed as part of the ED record on a daily basis. Keeps each ED record assembled and organized from arrival through discharge. Attaches test results and EKG's to the chart, as they become available.
- Work requires frequent physical exertion and/or muscular strain. Work environment involves several disagreeable elements and/or exposure to job hazards where there is some possibility of injury.
Vocational or other technical school, certification, training or apprenticeship required beyond high school
Minimum of one (1) year related experience
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Paramedic State of Florida Certification
- Basic Life Saving (BCLS) certification
- Advanced and Pediatric Life Saving (ACLS PALS) certification, preferred
Parrish Healthcare is a caring community of healthcare professionals passionate about excellence and fulfilling our mission of providing Healing Experiences For Everyone All The Time®.
Parrish Healthcare has a Culture of Choice®. This means a we have a healing work environment that empowers people to aspire to be their very best. We partner passionate, talented and skilled people in the right role with the right resources. We provide a clear and strategic direction to achieve superior results on behalf of the communities we serve.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)