Under the supervision of the RN is responsible for administering direct patient care as assigned as a member of the nursing team. Responds to patient requests and performs other nursing functions to ensure optimum patient care. Communicates changes in patient care to RN in a timely manner. Has access to the locked Clean Utility/Meds/Nourishments rooms for access to patient nourishments and care items. Demonstrates competency in all procedures within scope of practice, as appropriate to the population of patients served. The position shall exemplify the desired Culture of Choice® and philosophies of Parrish Healthcare.
- Administers direct personal patient care.
- Assists with activities of daily living of patients.
- Performs assigned nursing procedures as delegated by the RN, including the following:
- Blood glucose testing
- Foley catheter removal
- Discontinuation of saline lock
- Bladder scanning
- Pacemaker interrogation
- Restraint application
- Vital sign measurement
- Intake and output measurements
- Performs select unit secretary duties.
- Performs patient care sitter duties.
- Maintains and cleans patient areas, equipment and work areas.
- Makes hourly patient rounds to anticipate and address patient needs.
- Communicates effectively with co-workers, patients, families and other health care team members.
- Demonstrates appropriate utilization of resources and equipment.
- Performs similar or related duties as assigned.
- Knows fire, disaster and safety procedures and regulations as pertains to the work area
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Enrolled in an RN Nursing (ADN/BSN) program with completion of one semester of clinical education.
Required Licenses and Certifications
- Current and active American Heart Assoiciation BLS certification.
- Actively enrolled in an accredited nursing (ADN/BSN) program.
Parrish Healthcare is a caring community of healthcare professionals passionate about excellence and fulfilling our mission of providing Healing Experiences For Everyone All The Time®.
Parrish Healthcare has a Culture of Choice®. This means a we have a healing work environment that empowers people to aspire to be their very best. We partner passionate, talented and skilled people in the right role with the right resources. We provide a clear and strategic direction to achieve superior results on behalf of the communities we serve.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)