**To be considered please fill out the Application in the next step**
Under the general supervision of the Executive Director of Surgical, Emergency, Cardiology and Diagnostic Services, the Manager of the Emergency Department (ED) is responsible for maintaining the efficient functioning department on a twenty-four hour basis to ensure quality patient care based on emergency nursing, hospital, and human resources standards and Joint Commission requirements. In collaboration with the multidisciplinary team, the ED Manager assess, plans, develops, coordinates, implements, and evaluates the daily departmental plan of care to include efficient utilization of procedural schedules, staff and equipment. The ED Manager monitors the plan to ensure quality, appropriateness, timeliness, and effectiveness of services rendered.
- Collaborate with medical staff and other health care providers to establish and maintain standards and provide for positive customer satisfaction and patient outcomes.*
- Plans, organizes, directs and evaluates staff providing care based upon established standards to include staff competency and ongoing staff development as related to the populations served.*
- Coordinate process improvement efforts of clinical and administrative processes toward improving patient outcomes and organizational performance.*
- Coordinates the employment process from pre-employment screening through resigning or termination to include: recruitment, retention, pre-hire screening and interviewing, evaluations grievance proceeding, progressive disciplinary process, wage and salary compensation program compliance and assurance of fair employment practices.*
- Mentors Charge Nurses and aspiring staff as leaders and advocates for patient care management roles.*
- Coordinates scheduling to ensure 24-hour staffing according to established standards.
- Plan, organize and direct departmental programs and systems to accomplish the desired objectives, including materials, capital acquisitions, and staffing.*
- Maintains compliance with all state, federal and national standards related to area of responsibility.*
- Provides requested reports in the timeframe established.
- Fosters open communication with staff through monthly unit meetings and daily rounds on units.
- Analytical: Supervision is present to establish broad objectives relative to basic position duties or departmental responsibilities. Independent judgment is required to set objectives, coordinate activities within a work unit or to complete a project. Actions taken may be based on similar situations encountered in the past.
- Problems are complex, varied and only mildly related to those seen before. Simply determining what the problem is requires major individual effort and/or assistance from others within or outside PMC. A high degree of analytical ability and inductive thinking may be required to solve highly complex problems. Must be able to develop new and non-standard approaches.
Responsibility for Directing Others:
- Responsible for making recommendations with one department in the areas of compensation, employee selection, disciplinary action, complaints, employee performance appraisal, and similar supervisory duties. Plans, assigns, and evaluates the work of subordinates for effective operation and results of the unit.
- One to Three Months: Plan events that are expected to occur in the next one to three months or on a quarterly basis.
Key Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Major(s) Required: Nursing, Health, or Business related field
- 3years to < 5 years
Professional Skills: Professional theory and practice which allows for the development of new methods and procedures which is applied at the advanced level of a “fully seasoned” professional. Requires extensive knowledge of the professional discipline, a working knowledge of and the ability to integrate information from related fields, and/or skill found in thorough knowledge of business management.
Word Processing: Word
Meditech: B/AR, MIS, ADM
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations:
- State of Florida RN license.
- BCLS (within 90 days of employment).
- ACLS (within 12 months of employment). Specialty certification preferred.
Parrish Healthcare is a caring community of healthcare professionals passionate about excellence and fulfilling our mission of providing Healing Experiences For Everyone All The Time®.
Parrish Healthcare has a Culture of Choice®. This means a we have a healing work environment that empowers people to aspire to be their very best. We partner passionate, talented and skilled people in the right role with the right resources. We provide a clear and strategic direction to achieve superior results on behalf of the communities we serve.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)