**To be considered please fill out the Application in the next step**
7p-7a Full Time
Under the direct supervision of the Lead CT Technologist, performs CT scanning procedures in Diagnostic Imaging
- Provides all aspects of Diagnostic Radiology and Computerized Tomography care based on established standards. DEMONSTRATES COMPETENCY in all procedures within the scope of practice, as appropriate to the ages of the patients served evidenced by: The ability to obtain information and interpret information in terms of the patient’s needs; a knowledge of growth and development; and understanding of how to compensate technical factors to provide an optimal clinical image for interpretation. Age groups that pertain include: INFANT, PEDIATRIC, ADULT, ADOLESCENT, GERIATRIC
- Interviews with patient, family members, nursing staff and physicians to collect pertinent information (patient history) to ensure an appropriate and efficient study. Educates patients as to procedure process and post procedure care.
- Administers contrast agents when appropriate using department established criteria and guidelines for the correct agent, computer entry for charge capture and recognition of adverse patient reactions. Completes all necessary documentation related to contrast media use.
- Selects proper technical factors, positioning and equipment to optimally demonstrate patient anatomy and corresponding pathology. Uses department protocol for positions selected. Demonstrates good judgment of acceptable completed exam quality in the absence of a supervisor. 50%
- Completes timely and accurate computer entry duties inclusive of exam status· changes and billing correct procedure. Completes accurate and timely PACS inputs.
- Maintains cleanliness and general order of procedure room. Cleans equipment and follows infection control guidelines.
- Ensures patient and personal radiation protection by ascertaining pregnancy status when indicated, using gonadal shielding when appropriate and practicing ALARA principles (time, distance, shielding) of dose reduction.
- Communicates patient needs and/or pertinent assessment information to the radiologist (or other healthcare providers) as it pertains to the exam. Communicates with other department areas to coordinate patient flow for multiple procedures.
- Associate's Degree, ADN or other Two Year College equivalent required. Major(s) required.
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations:
- Florida State DOH Licensed, ARRT Registered RT(R), BCLS
Parrish Healthcare is a caring community of healthcare professionals passionate about excellence and fulfilling our mission of providing Healing Experiences For Everyone All The Time®.
Parrish Healthcare has a Culture of Choice®. This means a we have a healing work environment that empowers people to aspire to be their very best. We partner passionate, talented and skilled people in the right role with the right resources. We provide a clear and strategic direction to achieve superior results on behalf of the communities we serve.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)