**To be considered please fill out the Application in the next step**
DAYS; Full Time
Under the general supervision of the Section Supervisor, independently performs, analyzes, and reports diagnostic laboratory procedures within the guidelines of the departmental policies and procedures. As scheduled, will serve as the tech in-charge of the Laboratory on the weekend and in the absence of the section supervisor.
- Performs, analyzes, and reports laboratory tests accurately within the established time frame. Demonstrates the ability to coordinate a simultaneous series of tests with complete accuracy. *
- Performs and documents required instrument maintenance, calibration, and linearity procedures. Troubleshoots and documents instrument problems, notifying the section chief or supervisor. Informs all Nursing stations of anticipated delays due to extended downtime. *
- Provides all aspects of Diagnostic Laboratory Procedures based on established standards. Demonstrates competency in all procedures within the scope of practice as appropriate to the ages of the patients served; has the ability to obtain information and interpret information in terms of the patients needs; and has a knowledge of age specific reference ranges. The employee will demonstrate competence by performing and resulting laboratory tests using the appropriate age specific procedures for the following age groups: *
- Judges specimens received as to whether quality and quantity are adequate to produce reliable test results. Verifies the proper specimen is being analyzed for the proper patient and for the indicated procedure. *
- Performs and documents quality control procedures. Assures quality control acceptability before reporting patient results. Follows the departmental guidelines for addressing unacceptable results. *
- Participates in appropriate proficiency testing determined by the section supervisor and / or Quality Control Coordinator following the guidelines of the Quality Assurance Plan. *
- Associate's Degree, ADN or other Two Year College equivalent required. Major(s) required.
- Minimum of 1 year laboratory experience..
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations:
- Clear/active State of Florida license as Medical Technologist
Parrish Healthcare is a caring community of healthcare professionals passionate about excellence and fulfilling our mission of providing Healing Experiences For Everyone All The Time®.
Parrish Healthcare has a Culture of Choice®. This means a we have a healing work environment that empowers people to aspire to be their very best. We partner passionate, talented and skilled people in the right role with the right resources. We provide a clear and strategic direction to achieve superior results on behalf of the communities we serve.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)